So, I didn't want to just leave something terrible on my first post. so I have compiled here, a collection of videos that, to me, are sweet. There is a wide range of music here, so I think that there is something for everyone. Enjoy:
1st, MESHUGGAH.
Meshuggah is probably the only true metal bands that I enjoy...time and time again. I never get sick of 'em...and I am stoked that I get to be alive while they are existing...They're newest album is called "obZen"...pretty brutal, but I have aim to say that "Nothing" is their best record...Brian Hospital made a good point when I asked him about "obZen"...he said that he skips a couple tracks usually...I didn't agree with his decision at first, but after listening to the record again, I'm totally on the same page as him...anyways...all other metal bands can just stop trying to write music because Meshuggah will always top whatever any other metal band composes.
"Bleed" (Off the LP "obZen")
2nd, ALOHA
What can be said about this band that can actually do them justice? Aloha is one of the most unique, creative bands I have ever heard in my life...and that is not a stretch. Aloha makes the type of music that I think will be celebrated LONG after they cease to exist. When I first heard them back in '04, I was intrigued, but not hooked...That's what makes Aloha so great. They make the listener focus and completely understand what's going on in their songs. Music moves me. But Aloha's music invokes emotions unlike any other band that I have listened to. Aloha is for people who truely enjoy music, and not for those people who listen to whatever is around them. Enjoy...just as many others have whom I have introduced to Aloha.
"Mountain" (Off the LP "Some Echoes")
3rd, KATE NASH
Ok...ok...ok...Yes...it's some "Bubbly" music...And I like it...A LOT. It's so damn catchy and playful, and basically just, FUN! I don't really think there's a whole lot of depth to her as an artist, but her accent kills me (in a good way)...maybe that's why I'm hooked:
"Mouthwash" (Off the LP "Made Of Bricks")
4th, FRIGHTENED RABBIT
So...as I stated earlier, few bands stir up HEAVY emotions in me. This is one of those bands. Every single lyric by this band seems so perfect. The lead singer, Scott, says what I have wanted to say to every past girlfriend I have ever had really. You hear people say "Oh I feel that song was written just for me". I have never felt that way, but the song "Backwards Walk" causes goosebumps up and down my spine even on the 78th listen to the song, and the lyrics basically explain my past situations with girls. Damn, it's so perfect.
Here's a live video of another jam too:
"Good Arms Vs. Bad Arms" (Off the LP "The Midnight Organ Fight")
Welp...I hope you all enjoyed my first posts...send me some comments or something ya dweebs!
-John (Slobes)-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dooder san. Like I said you love scottish bullshit.
AND I've revamped the blog to jock your style. Check it.
Post a Comment